We’re Halfway There!
As of January 28th we are officially 6 months from the start of camp!!!
All of our counselors and coordinators are working extremely hard to plan camp and to make it even better/more magical than last year. Here are some milestones and memories from the past couple months of planning:
- A successful Make the Magic event at the Bloomington Holiday Inn
- A very memorable fall reunion playing lazer tag
- An impressive “Like War” victory over Camp Kesem Illinois
- Yummy Dine to Donates at Noodles & Co. and Mother Bear’s
- And most recently, a benefit concert at Rachael’s Cafe that raise over $1,000 (See the picture)
Right now is a very exciting time for CKIU as we have a lot of fun things coming up. We have started the counselor selection process. Applications are due on January 31st for prospective counselors. Then into February and March we will be holding counselor training and interviews. Camper applications are also be accepted currently and are now available ONLINE. You can find a link to the application on the CKIU homepage.
Also, we are having our second Make the Magic, this time in Indianapolis. The event will take place on March 23rd at 6:00pm at the Creation Cafe. If you have never attended a Make the Magic event before, there will have a current counselor, camper and parent talking about their personal experiences with Kesem as well as food and a silent auction. Look out for tickets to Disney World at the auction!
We hope everyone has had a wonderful start to 2013. Look back here and on our Facebook/Twitter for more information about upcoming events and news.