Camp Kesem at the University of Pennsylvania!
Camp Kesem is a student-run summer camp for children who have or had a parent with cancer. Camp is provided free of charge to all our campers. It is an opportunity for children to build self esteem and gain support from peers facing similar challenges. Most of all, the kids who come to Camp Kesem Upenn are there to have fun — and that is what the week is all about!
Our Mission is:
To provide children affected by a parent’s cancer with a supportive, lifelong camp
community that recognizes and understands their unique needs.
To empower college students to make a difference and build invaluable leadership
skills by developing and managing every aspect of their Camp Kesem chapter.
To build a supportive community for families from the Philadelphia area who are coping with cancer by creating the week of Camp Kesem as well as camp reunions!
Register for Make the Magic!
On Saturday, February 28th, Camp Kesem UPenn will be holding its third annual Make the Magic benefit dinner at the Inn at Penn from 6pm-10pm. Come experience a night with Camp Kesem with silent auction items, Fund-a-Need, and camper, parent, and counselor speakers. Tickets are $60 for an individual or $400 for a table of 8 seats.
- To join us at this event, please register here! Registration closes on Saturday, February 14th.
- Sponsor a program at camp by contributing to our Fund-a-Need! Make a pledge in advance of the event or in lieu of attending by visiting our Fund-a-Need page. Fund-a-Need levels are identical to those that will be offered on the night of the event.
- For more information, visit our Make the Magic page.
- Planning has started for Camp 2015! The dates for this summer are AUGUST 16-22, 2015!
- Camper registration is now open. To register your child for Camp Kesem UPenn 2015, visit this page and select the UPenn session.
- We are so happy to have welcomed new counselors to join our awesome team for the coming summer!
- Follow us on Instagram for great camp pictures through out the year! @ckupenn
- Be sure to like us on Facebook as well to stay up to date with our chapter!
Camp Kesem UPenn Facebook
- THANK YOU to all who made Camp Kesem UPenn 2014 such an incredible experience. Aided by your generosity, passion, and dedication– we were able to serve 76 children in the Philadelphia area at Camp Kesem UPenn this summer!