Camp Kesem Davis is open to all children ages 6-16 in the Davis and Greater Sacramento area who has a parent who has or had cancer. Camp Kesem 2014 hosted over 100 campers and 50 counselors!
We understand that sending your child away to camp for a week is something hard for every parent, especially during traumatic times. But we do our best to keep a safe, fun, environment for the kids, and to allow them to have a week of fun, making new friends, and sharing their experiences. We are staffed by over 50 undergraduate volunteers and have a full time staff of one nurse and one therapist, as well as a camp director. Camp is completely FREE for campers as well as the counselors, thanks to the contributions from our donors and the hard work of our fundraising committee. Please visit the “Donate to UCD” page to learn how to donate!
Camp Kesem UC Davis 2015!
Our applications are open for new and returning campers! The links and the instructions for applying can be found below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our directors by email at email@example.com!
2015 Camper Application (ages 6-16)
2015 CIT Application (ages 17-18)
- Before filling out the application, please make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Name, email, and phone number for two adults who can serve as emergency contacts
- Your child’s health insurance group/policy number, if your child has health insurance.
- The application must be filled out in one sitting. You can register more than one child at a time, but the application will timeout if it is not completed in one sitting, so we recommend registering your first child completely, ensuring that you receive a confirmation email for the registration, and then logging back into your account to complete registrations for the rest of your children.
- There are separate application links for regular campers (aged 6-16) and CITs (aged 17-18). Please note you will need to click on a separate link in order to register any child who will be 17-18 during camp.
- On the first page, you’ll notice you can filter out sessions by “Session Type” on the left side. This is how you can break the sessions into regions, which will be helpful since we have over 70 sessions taking place this year! You may also search by state.
- Please note, there are TWO sessions this year for UC Davis Camp Kesem. This year you have the option of choosing between two different camp sessions. On the application you will choose EITHER the 1st Session Jun 14 – 19, 2015 at LEONI OR 2nd Session Jun 21 – 26, 2015 at JACK HAZARD.
- LEONI MEADOWS (Session 1: June 14- June 19): Leoni Meadows is located in Grizzly Flats, approximately 60 miles east of Sacramento. We had the pleasure of having camp at Leoni in the summer of 2014 and we’re happy to be returning a week of summer of 2015! Leoni offers great amenities such as a zip line, a pool, go-karts, a lake and many more, all surrounded by the beautiful foothills of the Sierras. Each cabin contains 6-8 bunk beds as well as a toilet and a single shower. This session of camp will be similar to weeks of camp in the past, with more of a traditional camp atmosphere. http://leonimeadows.org/
- JACK HAZARD (Session 2: June 21-26): Camp Jack Hazard is located in Dardanelle, roughly 80 miles east of Lodi. This will be Camp Kesem UC Davis’ first summer at Camp JH and we could not be more excited! The campsite will give us the chance to offer many new activities, including backpacking, horseback riding, a lake, authentic rock climbing, a pool and more. This week of camp will have a more outdoorsy feel to it, and is more adventurous than Camp Kesem has been to in the past. Each cabin has 6 beds, and the toilets and showers are located in a separate bath house. Jack Hazard does not have paved paths, like Leoni, but it has a rustic feel with beautiful views of Yosemite Valley and Stanislaus National Forest. We will also be maintaining our traditional Kesem activities here, such as Messy Olympics, Water Wars, Empowerment Ceremony and more! If your child would like a new, thrilling camp experience, Jack Hazard is perfect! http://www.campjackhazard.org/
- The system will ask to look up your email address to see if you have an account from last year. If you applied online last year, entering the same email address you used last year will help speed up your application. If you are having any trouble accessing your account or are not sure what email address it might be listed on, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to reply to your inquiry within 48 hours.
- Please note, the application asks for the child’s current (2014-2015 school year) grade level.
If you have questions, please direct them as follows:
- For technical questions, including account email look-up, difficulty completing the application, or errors, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to reply to your inquiry within 48 business hours.
- For all other questions, including any questions regarding chapter events, exact camp dates and locations, or camp transportation questions, please contact our directors at firstname.lastname@example.org