Thanks to all our great applicants! 2013 counselors have been selected and are already getting pumped for camp!
About the Counselors
All counselors are Northwestern students, and must submit an application and interview in the Fall or Winter quarters. Counselors are placed into different committees that together make Camp Kesem Northwestern possible. We welcome all students to join a committee to help out as you are not required to be a counselor to be on a committee. We appreciate every bit of help from the Northwestern community!
1. Camper Care – in charge of recruiting campers and staying in contact with families throughout the year. They send out information to prospective campers and organizations and contact parents in order to provide communication between our camp and prospective families
2. Fundraising – organizes campus fundraising events throughout the year, applies for support from local foundations, and contacts local businesses for support and sponsorships.
3. Programming – plans the entire schedule of camp, which involves creating a new and exciting set of activities every year! They decide what special guests to bring in, and the special themes of each day. Also in charge of organizing reunions throughout the year.
4. Development - gets the word out about camp to kids and families in the Chicagoland area. In charge of the website, campus flyering, and getting in contact with newspapers and the local media about Camp Kesem at Northwestern.
5. Student Support – recruits and trains the counselors. They are responsible for making sure counselors are 100% ready for the summer session.
Interested in becoming a counselor?
As a counselor in Camp Kesem Northwestern, you will:
1. Provide a place that offers caring support for campers and their families
2. Spend a magical week with wonderful children during the summer
3. Be part of a group of 40+ volunteer counselors dedicated to making Camp Kesem possible
4. Undergo extensive training prior to camp
5. Work with the CKNU administrative team, and Camp Kesem National’s professional staff to promote our mission and values
6. Organize special camp events with creative themes
7. Enjoy tasty smores around a bonfire sharing stories
8. Much much more!
We hope that you will all consider applying to become part of this amazing organization, dedicated to serving families and children suffering from the burden of cancer. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Thanks again for all your support and interest!
2012 Counselor Boys’ Dance
Camp Kesem NU Boy’s Dance 2012