How to get involved
Kids are not the only ones who benefit from attending camp, everyone involved can find value in their experience. From committee members to counselors, we always welcome new help, no matter what depth of involvement you can offer. There are numerous ways that you can support Camp Kesem MSU, here are a few:
- One On-Call Nurse: A nurse (must be LVN or RN) to provide basic medical care for the campers and staff during camp. The nurse will stay in the cabins for the week with the admin team, but free time is available during the day to enjoy outdoor activities and leisure time. Must be available August 10-18 for training and the week when the campers arrive. If you are interested, please email email@example.com
- One Therapist: A therapist to assist the counselors in providing a positive environment that promotes and enhances the coping process. IMPORTANT: The therapist is not meant to provide counseling or direct therapy during the camp. The therapist position is meant to develop the counselor approach to difficult questions and obstacles raised during the week of camp. The Therapist will stay in the cabins for the week, but free time is also available. Must have at least a masters in Psychology, Social Work, or related field. If you are interested in volunteering August 10-18, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counselors: Counselors will run activities, general procedure, and cabin chats. In order to be a counselor, please contact a Student Support coordinator, or send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “CAMP KESEM”. Counselors will be required to attend a weekend of counselor training during the Spring, and must be a student of Michigan State University.
- Coordinators: Coordinators are students that work throughout the year to make camp happen, specific tasks and responsibilites vary by committee (Administration, Camper Care, Fundraising, Student Support, Public Relations, and Make the Magic). We currently have the requisite two volunteers at each position, however you can still get involved by attending All Staff meetings where each committee looks for extra help. Contact a Student Support coordinator for more information. MSU students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Monetary Donations: In order to successfully run this year’s camp, our team has budgeted $55,000. If you would like to sponsor the camp, you may do so at many levels. However modest your gift, one thing is constant: campers benefit. There are many reasons to sponsor the camp. All contributors will be mentioned in the camper programs, and larger sponsors may advertise on more public media such as T-shirts and cabin signs.
To donate online, click here or send your donation to:
P.O. Box 4753
East Lansing, MI 48823
For more information on funding matters, please email email@example.com