The Camp Kesem Teen Program is an extension of Camp Kesem for kids ages 14 to 18. The program will run parallel to the younger camp as a fun week designed to build confidence and leadership skills in older campers. Some of the featured activities include various team-building exercises, a ropes course, and mentoring partnerships with the younger campers.
Another major component of the camp is an overnight camping trip, which allows campers and counselors to expand their comfort zones through a memorable outdoor experience. Both before and during the trip the campers will learn important wilderness skills, such as fire building and outdoor cooking. Through this, they will continue to develop their teamwork and leadership abilities.
After they return from the trip, the campers will put their team-building experience to use by planning and running an activity for the younger campers. Our specially-trained counselors, who have had prior experience working with teenagers and in wilderness situations, look forward to helping each camper strengthen his or her confidence level and leadership skills.
Teen Program Fact Sheet:
- Camp will develop and encourage leadership skills in the campers through a variety of team-building exercises and activities, including a high-ropes course.
- A large part of the team camp is preparing for and participating in a one-night overnight camping trip. This includes learning simple yet essential nature survival skills.
- The Teen Camp counselors all have experience working with teens and are well-trained in wilderness survival. All of the counselors undergo extensive training before camp to help them give your son or daughter the best possible camp experience.
Leader-in-Training (LIT) Program Fact Sheet:
- LITs are 17-18 year old campers who have the opportunity to hone their personal leadership skills through mentoring from camp counselors and by taking on a larger role at camp. This is a program designed to equip both old and new campers to be effective leaders in their communities.
- LITs participate as members of the Teen Program for most of camp and additionally plan and execute some of the all-camp activities. They work one-on-one with some of our youngest campers and serve as role models.
- LITs have some commitments outside of camp, including attending our LIT retreat in the spring and working with Teen Coordinators to plan activities prior to camp. As this is a special opportunity for older teens to continue to be a part of Camp past age 16, there is an application process in the fall.
- For more information and questions to frequently asked questions about the LIT program, please check out our FAQ.
CK MIT 2014 Application is now open! Please check out the application on our “Campers” webpage!