- ckTR-1: Modes of Transportation: If the campsite is far from the main area where campers are located, chapters need to provide transportation for the campers to the campsite. If a campus needs to arrange transportation the following is mandatory:
- Transportation must be arranged with a licensed transportation company that carries proper insurance. The campus must retain the transportation company’s proof of licensure and liability insurance that meets state laws, with minimum liability coverage of $1,000,000. The company needs to add Camp Kesem National as an additional insured for the dates in usage (address: PO Box 1113, Lafayette, CA 94549).
- Camp Kesem volunteers (counselors) are not permitted to drive campers, except in emergency situations. If emergency arises, Camp Kesem volunteers must call parents to inform of situation, and then provide updates as situation progresses.
- The 3:1 camper to counselor ratio should remain while on the bus and in any other transportation situation.
- ckTR-2: Trips: Camps that provide trips off of camp during the camp session need to provide transportation, and must follow the same rules as above.
- ckTR-3: Alternative Pick-Up/Drop-Off Waiver for Non-Primary Caregivers: Parents may arrange for another person to drop off or pick up their child to and from camp. Families may also carpool with one another to share transportation to and from camp. For liability reasons, Camp Kesem may not arrange these carpools. However, Camp Kesem may provide parents with contact information for families who may wish to carpool with another family. In all above cases, the “Alternate Pick-up/Drop-Off Waiver” must be used.
- ckTR-4: Volunteers Driving: If a staff member chooses to drive to camp he/she must sign the “Driver Waiver” and provide proof of driver’s license and car insurance.