HR- Human Resources
- ckHR-1: Ratio: There must be an overall camper to counselor ratio of three campers to every counselor. The administration team and professional staff may be included in the counselor total, if necessary. There must be at most three campers to every one counselor in each cabin.
- ckHR-2: Counselor Requirements: All counselors must be a student at the university or college affiliated with the Camp Kesem program. Teen unit counselors must have completed two years of college and have one year of Camp Kesem experience as a counselor OR have separate experience working with teens.
- ckHR-3: Staff Training: Staff training schedules must be approved by a National Program Director.
- Training videos assigned on www.expertonlinetraining.com are to be completed by each staff member two weeks prior to camp. A list of videos that specific staff to view can be found in the Co-Chair folder of the Manual. Usernames and passwords will be given out by Program Directors and videos may be viewed individually or may be done so as a group, as long as post-video quizzes are completed for each staff member.
- Group Training sessions must cover the topics, time allocation, and utilize expert speakers as identified in the counselor training resources in the manual.
- ckHR-4: Staff Free/Rest Time: Every staff member must have at least one hour a day of free/rest time. This is a time when the staff member has no responsibility to campers or program planning. Free/rest time should be organized in advance by the administration team. Staff is not allowed to leave camp at this time.
- ckHR-5: Staff Evaluations: Evaluations must be filled out for every staff member at camp, and can be found in the manual. In addition, camp program evaluations must be filled out byevery staff member at the end of camp.
- This provides constructive criticism so that staff members have a chance to grow from year to year.
- This also provides camps with substantiation if the students choose not to bring a staff member back for the next year.
- ckHR-6: Co-chairs & Coordinators: Each camp must have two co-chairs and at least eight coordinators in order to begin a year of Camp Kesem.
- It is highly suggested that co-chair and coordinator positions are only held by undergraduate students in order to insure the sustainability of the student organization. Graduate students are encouraged to take on Advisory Board positions.
- ckHR-7: Advisory Board: Each chapter must have an operating Advisory Board which is comprised of local professionals, professors, community members, etc. which is called together for quarterly meetings.