Camp Kesem is required by the IRS to have records of all financial transactions that occur. Therefore there are mandatory policies and procedures, outlined later in this document, that campuses must follow when processing donations from local donors. In addition, all reimbursement requests and large check requests must be processed through the national organization according to the policies outlined in the finance memo.
- ckPO-15: Mission Statement, Logo & Values:
- Camp Kesem is an umbrella organization with many branches across the country. Camp Kesem has a professional visual system. This visual system includes a professional logo, website, and visual documents, as well as mission and purpose statements about who we are and what we do. The primary focus is to unify and strengthen all of the branches of Camp Kesem under one brand. In order to maintain the strength of this brand, there are three main responsibilities that each campus must take on.
- Launch a WordPress-based Camp Kesem Website.
- A WordPress based website will ensure that all of the web content that Camp Kesem campuses create are housed under one visual system, and in one “place.”
- When creating campus-specific materials, follow the specific guidelines laid out in the manual.
- A visual system guidelines sheet exists in the manual, outlining specifically how the logo, statements, and visual system should and should not be used. If you have any questions about this, or any specific usages of these materials, please contact a National Program Director.
- Familiarize your local volunteers with the new purpose and mission.
- From your co-chairs to your coordinators, committee members, advisors and counselors- everyone should be made aware of the way that we talk about who we are and what we do. When we use “we”- we include each of these stakeholders, volunteers, donors, counselors, campers, and friends of Camp Kesem at every campus across the country.
- ckPO-16: Technical Services:
- Camp Kesem provides each campus with web space, website building tools, and training to launch their campus’ website. Camp Kesem invests in a data management service called Kintera/BlackBaud to help Camp Kesem manage database operations at a local and national level.