- Confirm all summer roles and meet with coordinators to explain and assign
- Check in with all coordinators weekly (all summer)
- Make coordinator applications available (right after camp if have not already selected)
- Determine WHO will be responsible for post-camp follow-up activities, explain tasks, get clear on expectations, deadlines, etc. for these activities
- Transfer Coordinator binders and any camp files from current Coordinators to Coordinators for the following year; have old and new Coordinators for each committee meet in person to transfer knowledge, suggestions, etc. **This must be done ASAP; postponing has proven to be unsuccessful.
- Confirm videographer/photographer
- Share electronic copy of camper forms with nurse and mental health professional (Don’t forget to password-protect!)
- Assign all campers to cabins and units
- Check that ALL campers have ALL forms submitted and completed; call families with incomplete forms and do your best to get these BEFORE camp; if forms are still missing or incomplete before first day of camp, indicate this on camper summary sheet for check in.
- Print and organize ALL camper files and counselor forms and bring to camp. Store in a safe place at camp (each camper should have a separate file folder or binder tab labeled with name and colored sticker by unit; counselor forms should be in alphabetical order or in separate file folders)
- Create a schedule and details for Visitor’s Day Event
- Buy all camp supplies (or make sure someone else does!)
- Get all supplies inventoried and labeled in containers by program area
- Make sure you have received and submitted all invoices for special guests, activities, and campsite
- Inform all counselors/organizers that they must send you receipts to get reimbursed for items
- Plan ceremony for campers who are graduating (should take place last night at camp)
- Create cabin kits for rest time/cabin time (including games, markers, quiet toys, etc.)
- Signs to create: Welcome sign, Cabin signs, Unit signs, Program area signs (arts & crafts, drama), Signs for check-in, “Camp Kesem” sign for all-camp picture
- Things to print:
- Misc. Supplies to Purchase: Name tags for everyone at family picnic, Family picnic – tables, chairs, tablecloth, trash cans, trash bags, plates, cups, plastic ware, etc., Sound equip for camp if necessary (microphone, speakers, etc.), Water bottles for all campers (if these weren’t donated)
- Make sure all stragglers have submitted paperwork!
- Bring Counselor awards (for unit leaders and Admin. Staff to complete 2nd to last day of camp – to be presented at Counselor Debriefing)
MARKETING & PR: