The Funsize Blog< All Blog Posts
May 16, 2012
Keeping it fresh! New ideas for the same programs
Question: How to make sure activities are fresh every year? How do we get input on new programming ideas from other camps.
Answer: This is one of the ongoing issues of every camp. Campers that come back year after year are expecting some of the same activities but are also interested in some new ideas and interesting twists. So here are 6 ideas for you to keep in mind:
- Keep notes at camp. Try to have people fill out a daily program eval every night during your staff meetings. They don’t have to be long, just the good, bad, and ugly of some of the programs and activities.
- Identify a few traditions (whether they are activities, programs, or other) that you want to try and keep consistent year after year.
- Challenge yourself to come up with new activities within traditional program areas. For example, every year you could do 5-10 new activity ideas at Arts & Crafts.
- Ask other camps on the facebook groups
- Come to the CK National conference with 5 specific program related questions
- Use online resources for new ideas like www.ultimatecampresource.com
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.