Introducing CK Emory Counselor, KerBear!!!
1. What’s your Camp Kesem name? KerBear
2. Year in school? Sophomore
3. Major? Sociology. Minor in Global Health
4. Hometown? San Francisco, CA
5. How did you hear about Camp Kesem and what made you want to get involved?
I heard about Camp Kesem freshman year when one of the members was doing dorm storming. However, I didn’t start getting involved until this year. I started getting more involved because I’m really interested in helping people who are dealing with cancer. My family has personally been affected by cancer so I guess it’s a little more personal to me I want people to know that they have this resource and they can utilize it Plus, I love kids and want to bring happiness and hope into their lives.
6. For an interested new family, why do you think they should send their child to CK Emory?
Camp Kesem is going to be an amazing experience for your kid(s). All of our counselors are so pumped for this summer. It’s going to be awesome!
7. Whose is your favorite superhero?
Iron Man because he doesn’t have actual superpowers. He has brains & wit (& of course, money & status). So maybe if I was actually smart enough, I could build a suit that could enable me to fly & fight (might need money for that too).
8. What’s your favorite candy?
I love Sour Patch, gummy worms, & gummy bears!
9. What’s your favorite food?
I love just love food & trying new types of food. I also love my proteins & seafood.
10. What do you enjoy doing during your free time?
Watching movies, looking up pictures of dogs and cats, browsing through online catalogs (things I usually cannot afford), random dancing and spazzing with the suitemates. When I’m at home, I love playing with my little cousins.
Be sure to check back next week for another counselor spotlight!