The Funsize Blog< All Blog Posts
July 18, 2012
Icebreakers & Games… A few of my favorites!
Here is a list of my favorites including a link to where you can find the description of how to play. (www.ultimatecampresource.com)
- Stand by me – this one is a great substitute for having to count off all the time. It’s way more fun. http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/stand-by-me.html
- One to ten – lots of energy for this one! http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/one-to-ten.html
- Big booty – get them laughing! This is actually a song, but they have a great time doing it. http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/big-booty.html
- Flinch – this one is for groups that need something more to do. It’s pretty active. If you have a lightly larger group, it is good to have two groups going and when you are “out” in one group you go to the other group. http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/flinch.html
- Secret Sender – this one goes by many names, but I think Secret Sender is the least offensive. It’s a fun game, especially when you need to chill a bit. http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/indian-chief-or-the-rhythm-game.html
- Dead fish – this is maybe my favorite game to play with small groups (especially after a long program day) http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/dead-fish.html
- Rock, Paper, Scissors with an Entourage – I have never seen campers or staff explode into fun like they do in this game. Set it up, tell them to start, and then stand back. http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/rock-paper-scissors-posse.html
Scott “Funsize” Arizala
Camp Director for Camp Kesem, Vice President of Summer Programming for Dragonfly Forest, Summer Camp Consultant & Trainer, and award-winning author of S’more Than Camp. For more information please visit www.TheCampCounselor.com
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.