February 26, 2013
Coordinator Spotlight: Get to know Twinkle!
Camp Name: Twinkle
Hometown: Menomonee Falls, WI
Year in School: Sophomore
Major(s)/Minor(s): Biology major, certificate global health
How did you hear about Camp Kesem?
- I had a couple friends that had attended some of the meetings who convinced me to check out CK at the student organization fair.
What is the meaning behind your camp name?
- It really didn’t take me too long to think of a name for camp. I chose twinkle because stars and the planets have always been fascinating to me. I loved learning about stars and the planets all through grade school and it was a topic that always interested me. My parents even bought me a telescope for my birthday when I was younger.
What are you most looking forward to about next summer’s Camp Kesem?
- This summer will be my first time at camp! I am super excited to see what will be in store for me, what I will experience, what I will learn and how I will grow. I have heard so many great stories about camp and all the awesome memories that people have had and I cannot wait to create my own!
Explain your position in Camp Kesem. What role do you have?
- I am on the Admin and Camp Programming coordinator team with Osita and Bubbles. Our role is to plan camp, from ordering the buses to buying the supplies, to planning the day events. We are currently planning the daily activities for camp, and we have some great ideas!
Why do you CK?
- I CK because I know how important it is to have a carefree childhood! I have been fortunate enough that no one in my immediate family has had cancer, but I have watched many suffer that were close to me. My Grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was about five and the hardships she had to face and decisions she had to make would have been impossible with a family and kids. I CK because I want to allow these kids to have a magical week at camp by having fun and just being kids.
|Share This >