In A Pinch
In A Pinch Guidelines
Camp Kesem Berkeley strives to create a supportive and family-like environment for our Camp Kesem community year-round. In A Pinch allows UC Berkeley students to be a source of support to Camp Kesem families throughout the year. We are happy to provide services and support in a variety of ways! We have introduced some procedures and guidelines below to ensure this program is accessible for our families and sustainable for Camp Kesem Berkeley.
Request an “In A Pinch” Event!
1. Click here and complete the online form with as much information as possible.
2. Your response will be sent to Camper Care, and we will send you an e-mail letting you know we received your request and are looking for available counselors.
3. Once we have confirmed whether Camp Kesem will be able to meet your need, we will send you an e-mail letting you know which counselors will be attending and the paperwork you need to complete.
4. We may also follow up with a phone call to finalize details and answer any of your questions. If you would like a follow up phone call, please indicate that on the online form.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is an “In A Pinch Event?”
1. Need-based babysitting
2. Camper performances or events
4. Babysitting/hanging out for fun
What are the limits of In A Pinch?
1. Please submit only one event request at a time. For example, if you would like Camp Kesem to tutor your child, you must submit a request for the specific day you would like your camper to meet with a counselor. You are welcome to request multiple days, but each of these times must be submitted separately. In A Pinch is not intended to arrange weekly and recurring commitments.
2. In A Pinch must be within the timeframe that is indicated on the online form. We understand that unavoidable complications do arise, and if you need counselors to stay longer, please let them know promptly.
3. Please provide as much advanced notice as possible if it is an event that can be arranged ahead of time (tutoring, a fun outing, etc)
4. If you find yourself “In A Pinch” that is time sensitive, please first refer to the online form. In extreme circumstances, Camper Care will accept requests via telephone at 510-859-7282.