Join us this summer for ASU’s 9th year of Camp Kesem!
Camp Kesem is a nationwide community, driven by passionate college student leaders, supporting children through and beyond their parent’s cancer.
Why do we do this?
We recognize and embrace the often-overlooked population of children affected by a parent’s cancer.
There are over 3 million kids affected by a parent’s cancer. Because they don’t appear sick, their needs are often not addressed – and they suffer quietly, which can have long-lasting effects.
Camp Kesem is the only national organization supporting their unique needs.
We create a peer support network for these kids which has life-long impact.
• Summer Camps: Camp Kesem provides a network of free college-student run summer camps for kids affected by a parent’s cancer. Camps provide a unique and compassionate environment where kids can just be kids.
• Year-Round Support: Throughout the academic year, campers participate in reunions, connect with their peers, and receive support resources.
• Leadership Development Program: College students and counselors-in-training learn leadership skills and receive year-round training to organize and run each camp.
• Community Engagement and Civic Leadership: Camp Kesem engages alumni, community leaders, and camper families through advisory boards, alumni associations, and our Board of Directors.
• Scoring for Good: CK leverages the visibility and talents of professional athletes to help recognize and inspire children affected by a parent’s cancer.
Click here to watch our “Roar” lipdub video from this year’s camp!