2013-2014 Operations Coordinators
We are proud to introduce to everyone our Operations Coordinators for our first chapter of UC Santa Cruz Camp Kesem. These super cool Coordinators not only balance the budget, but have successfully found the first ever camp site for the 2013-2014 Camp Kesem Santa Cruz! Soon, they will be planning the itinerary for camp and finding special guests for the camp! Go Tulip and Brave of OPERATIONS!
- Create and monitor camp project budget
- Manage daily accounting
- Camp Programming
- Create daily schedule for camp
- Plan all all-camp activities, including special guests (i.e. magician, clowns, etc.)
- Ensure that all camp supplies are purchased or acquired and properly inventoried prior to camp
- Work with program counselors to ensure that all supplies needed for program areas are purchased/acquired
- Conduct facility search and selection process
- Manage all facility-related pre-camp issues (i.e. planning meal times, pre-camp visits by program counselors, etc.)
Name/ Camp Name: Sydney Okumura/ Tulip
Hometown: Pleasanton CA
Major: Biology /Year: 2nd
Favorite Candy: Reese’s
Why you are a part of Camp Kesem: for my mom and for the kids who are going through what I went through
Why you chose your Camp Name: an orange tulip was my moms favorite flower<3
3 words that describe yourself: Determined, Kind and Quirky
If there was one place you travel to in the world right now, where would you go and why: I would go to Hawaii to visit my grandma who i see very rarely and miss a lot!
Name/ Camp Name: Katherine Rodriguez/ Brave
Hometown: Sacramento, CA
Birthday: February 14, 1993
Major/Year: Human Biology/ 3rd Year
Favorite Candy: Sour Patch Kids
Why you are a part of Camp Kesem: I am passionate about working with kids and want to make an impact during this difficult time in their lives.
Why you chose your Camp Name: I felt that I was similar to Merida in the pixar movie,”Brave” because she has such crazy curly hair like me.
3 words that describe yourself: caring, foodie, and smart
If there was one place you travel to in the world right now, where would you go and why: South Africa. I would love to devote my time to setting up HIV/AIDS clinics for the people experiencing healthcare challenges and would love to see the wildlife there!